[yop_poll id=»-3″]The Paris Peace Conference
1) War guilt.Explain the arguments FOR and AGAINST this term.
2) Which term followed War Guilt? How much would it be today? What consequences/impact did it have on Germany?
3) Why were the victors planning to prevent a future war with Germany in the Treaty?
4) What territorial losses did Germany have to face? What happened to the German colonies? What did Wilson dislike about this?
5) Which new nations were created after WW1?
1) The argument of “ War Guilt” meant that Germany was blameworthy for the war. The argument which for or in the side of it is that in late July, early August of 1914, it didn´t take so much for Germany to declare war on Russia, then on France and finally invade Belgium. This means that Germany was eager to do this. An argument which is against it says that she didn´t start the war, that there were other events such as the assassination of the Archduke, the great rivalry between Austria-Hungary and Serbia or even the mobilization of Russia which made, for the people against this term, start the war.
2) Because of all the damage that Germany had caused, she had to pay it with reparations in money, gold and resources. They had to pay 400B dollars in two thousand thirteen money because of the growth of the value of the dolar. People make questions not only if this reparations affected Germany in the Economy but also how humiliating for them was. Also, the victors, limited the quantity of soldiers and prohibited the use of any kind of military artillery.
3) The reason of why did the victors were planning to prevent a future war with Germany in the treaty is because, maybe, in the future, Germany would grow in strengthen and want revenge over them.
4) Germany had to face the lost of Poland, who cut of Germany into two pieces and also a lot of colonies around the world, in Africa, in the Pacific and they even had a colony in China which was given, joined with their others colonies, to the allies. Wilson Woodrow dislikes the distribution of the territory from one Empire to the other one because he wanted those territories to have self-determination.
5) The end of WW1 made Empires such as the Russian and the A-H disappear. Also, a lot of treaties established the independence of new countries, however, the countries which the video mentions that appear at the end of WW1 were: Hungary, Austria, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia and some countries of Eastern Europe which would, later, become part of the URSS.